Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Episode 156: Depression in Dads with Dr. Brandon Eddy
Stephanie speaks with Dr. Brandon Eddy. Dr. Eddy has a Ph.D in couple, marriage, and family therapy. They discuss his research on postpartum depression, miscarriage, infertility and loss from a father’s perspective. Dr. Eddy helps us understand what the transition to parenthood is like for fathers and the impact postpartum depression and loss can have on relationships. We’d like to say a special thank you to today’s podcast partner: Rasa. Rasa's coffee alternatives contain no common allergens, no fillers, & no BS. Perk up + chill out at the same time with their organic, adaptogen-packed herbal blends.
- Causes of depression and anxiety in fathers
- What grief, loss, and depression looks like in dads
- Navigating hidden sources of trauma
- Gender roles regarding men’s mental health
- How to help men experiencing grief and loss
- What to do if your partner refuses to get help