Steph interviews guest Amanda Montalvo. Amanda is a women’s health dietitian that helps women get to the root cause of hormone imbalances and have healthy menstrual cycles. She’s also well known for her extensive understanding of mineral testing and supporting women to replete minerals to optimize their health. Amanda and Steph discuss what’s missing from conventional (and even functional) treatment plans for PCOS, hypothyroidism and estrogen dominance. She shares what pregnancy, postpartum, and the copper IUD have to do with mineral levels and signs you may be depleted. Wondering what the most common minerals are that are depleted during the mom years? They’ve got you covered. And, as always, they discuss what you can do as a “Doctor Mom” to learn more about your body and feel better through rebalancing mineral levels.
Episode #301: Why You Need More Minerals with Amanda Montalvo, RD
Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
- What’s missing from conventional (and functional medicine) treatment plans
- Common signs you need more minerals
- How to test and replete minerals imbalances
- Iron testing and deficiency – getting to the root cause
- Copper IUD – how it plays a role in mineral imbalances
- Follow @hormonehealingrd on Insta
- Sign Up for Amanda’s Course
- Listen to the Are You Menstrual? Podcast
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.
This episode’s sponsors
Enjoy the health benefits of PaleoValley’s products such as their supplements, superfood bars and meat sticks. Receive 15% off your purchase by using code DOCTORMOM at checkout or head to paleovalley.com/doctormom
Active Skin Repair is a must have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping (with $35 minimum purchase). Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM100 for $100 off Needed’s Complete Plan!