Steph interviews Ana Lorena Fabrega about alternative education. Ana is a teacher turned edupreneur, and the Chief Evangelist at Synthesis. Ana is also the author of the book, The Learning Game, which is a guide for parents to help their kid(s) think for themselves, embrace challenge, and love learning. Ana shares why we need to rethink traditional schooling in order to help our younger generations better prepare for the game of life.Through stories and practical tools, you’ll walk away with a stronger appreciation for how kids actually learn and how we can work with their innate desire to learn. She offers a series of actionable strategies that help kids achieve much more than just good grades.
Episode #318: K-12 Education: What Kids Need To Thrive with Ana Lorena Fabrega
Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
- Where traditional schooling is getting it wrong
- What makes kids excited to learn
- The most important lessons kids need to learn
- Ways parents can implement these values regardless of school setting
- Signs your kid may benefit from alternative education
- What she wants parents to know about ADHD
- Receive 10% off of Synthesis Tutor Plans, use code ‘DRMOM’
- ‘X’ @anafabrega11 on ‘X’
- Follow @/msfab_learninglab on Instagram
- Buy The Learning Game: Teaching Kids to Think for Themselves, Embrace Challenge, and Love Learning
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood
This episode’s sponsors
Enjoy the health benefits of PaleoValley’s products such as their supplements, superfood bars and meat sticks. Receive 15% off your purchase by heading to paleovalley.com/doctormom
Active Skin Repair is a must have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping (with $35 minimum purchase). Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM20 for 20% off Needed’s Complete Plan!
This episode’s guest
Ana Lorena Fábrega is an author, edupreneur, and Chief Evangelist at Synthesis. Growing up, she attended ten schools in seven different countries. She then earned her BS in Childhood Education and Special Education from New York University and taught elementary school in New York, Boston, and Panama. Today, Ana Lorena writes online to over 200,000 readers about the promise of alternative education.