Steph interviews Dr. Morgan Cutlip about practical strategies to feel good in motherhood and in your relationships. Dr. Morgan Cutlip, PhD is a highly sought-after relationship expert. She knows what it feels like to lose yourself in motherhood, and she’s determined to help mothers navigate it better. In this episode, they discuss what it means to “lose yourself” in motherhood and how to find yourself again; core conflicts moms are facing that make motherhood challenging; and how information consumption, societal messaging, and early experiences shape our perception of ourselves and our beliefs about our children. Dr. Morgan helps us identify and break apart impossible standards so moms find fairness in the mental load and care for themselves.
Episode #316: How To Love Your Kids Without Losing Yourself with Dr. Morgan Cutlip
Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
- Core conflicts moms face
- Impossible standards we place on ourselves
- Navigating the mental load of motherhood
- What it means to “go mom yourself”
- A better definition of self-care
- Follow @drmorgancutlip on Instagram
- Get Dr. Morgan’s free gift
- Read Love Your Kid’s Without Losing Yourself
- Check out Dr. Morgan’s Website
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood
This episode’s sponsors
Enjoy the health benefits of PaleoValley’s products such as their supplements, superfood bars and meat sticks. Receive 15% off your purchase by heading to paleovalley.com/doctormom
Active Skin Repair is a must have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping (with $35 minimum purchase). Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM20 for 20% off Needed’s Complete Plan!
This episode’s guest
Dr. Morgan Cutlip, PhD in Psychology and highly sought after relationship expert, knows what it feels like to lose yourself in motherhood, and she’s determined to help mothers navigate it better. Throughout her career, she has helped hundreds of thousands of people worldwide learn how to form and maintain healthy relationships. Dr. Morgan has been a featured relationship expert with Good Morning America, Teen Vogue, The New York Times, Women’s Health Magazine, MOPS International, Loveology, and Flo, the #1 app in health and fitness. Her new book, Love Your Kids Without Losing Yourself, is available now!