Steph interviews Nicole Katz, a mother of two, long time yoga therapist and yogi of over 20 years. In this episode, they discuss how little we support moms during the birthing process and how that greatly affects their mothering journeys afterwards. They share why women should feel like a goddess during labor and how to create the most goddess like experience for yourself. Nicole gives listeners tools to support their birth and/or heal from a difficult birth and why that’s important as you approach motherhood.
Episode #308: How to Feel Like a Goddess in Motherhood with Nicole Katz
Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
- What it means to have feel like a goddess in labor
- How women can have informed and empowered births
- How your experience during labor impacts motherhood
- How to set yourself up for a smooth postpartum
- How to navigate trauma and unmet expectations
- Reach out to Nicole (@thematwithnicolekatz on IG) for a free 30-minute call
- Check out Nicole’s Instagram community @_rebranding_birth
- Check out Nicole’s website
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.
This episode’s sponsors
Enjoy the health benefits of PaleoValley’s products such as their supplements, superfood bars and meat sticks. Receive 15% off your purchase by using code DOCTORMOM at checkout or head to paleovalley.com/doctormom
Active Skin Repair is a must have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping (with $35 minimum purchase). Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM100 for $100 off Needed’s Complete Plan!
This episode’s guest
Nicole Katz is a mother of two, long time yoga therapist and yogi of over 20 years. After the birth of her first daughter Nicoles eyes were opened to just how little we support moms during the birthing process and how that greatly affects their mothering journeys afterwards. Since that point Nicole has shifted her work to focus on maternal support. Currently Nicole lives in NYC where she works privately and in small group settings supporting moms in many ways from prep for labor to birth education to birth trauma work and beyond. She is over the moon to announce that her conference Rebranding Birth will premier in NYC this fall with the aim of informing and empowering women in a much larger scale. It’s time to Rebrand Birth!